FSLA: Non Exempt (Temporary). Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Family Literacy Program Director
4-16 hours/week (Weekday mornings, 9:30-11:30 AM)
The Literacy Center of West Michigan is hiring childcare workers to care for young children (ages 0-10) while their parents are attending English classes. Childcare workers should have experience working with children and an ability to communicate in basic English. Other language skills (particularly Spanish) are appreciated.
Caring for Children
- Supervise children during parents’ class time
- Engage with children, leading play, games, or stories
- Keep children safe
- Report any concerns to the teacher, parent, or supervisor
- Interact with others in a helpful, positive way
- Keep records of children attending childcare
- Complete timesheets and return to supervisor
- Complete paperwork, background checks, and records as necessary
- Support efforts to bring about a just and vibrant West Michigan through the power of literacy
- Support organizational culture and values and exhibit cultural competency
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please email Bree Straayer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information about your experience. If possible, include your resume.
The Literacy Center of West Michigan is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports National Career Readiness Certification.