FSLA: Non Exempt (Temporary)
Pay Grade: 9
Family Literacy Program Director
Part-Time, 4-16 hrs/week (schedule varies, primarily 8-10am weekday mornings and/or 6-8pm weekday evenings)
- Experience: Demonstrated experience working with children
- Language skills: Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English, Spanish language skills appreciated
- Knowledge and Skills: Ability to engage and care for young children ages 0-10, ability to work on a team and work independently, ability to communicate professionally with clients, peers, and superiors
Provide childcare to young children ages 0-10 in a school setting during Family Literacy ESL Classes for adults.
Areas of Responsibilities
Direct Care of Children
- Responsible for supervising children during parents’ class time
- Responsible for assuring students are safe during the assigned periods
- Responsible for working as a member of a team, and reporting any concerns to the teacher or designee
- Interact with co-workers, administration, children, parents, and the community in positive, supportive, and cooperative ways
- Ensure accurate records of children attending childcare
- Complete time report bi-weekly and return to supervisor
- Complete other pertinent paperwork and records as necessary
- Support efforts to bring about a just and vibrant West Michigan through the power of literacy.
- Support organizational culture and values and exhibit cultural competency.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Diedre Deering (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Literacy Center of West Michigan is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports National Career Readiness Certification.