Pay Grade: 56
Director, Customized Workplace English
Improve the ability of Spanish learners to create and understand language (in Spanish) that is specific to their work and their business.
- Education: MA in Spanish, BA in Spanish with significant teaching experience, or a closely related degree/experience.
- Experience: Experience in group instruction, administering language tests and lesson development, as well as experience working with adults. Demonstrated intercultural competency through experience.
- Knowledge and Skills: Fluency in Spanish and English; an ability to teach speaking, listening, reading and writing skills utilizing the context of the workplace; facilitate group learning; administer tests; structure learning to facilitate proficiency in Spanish as a Second Language Instruction; instruct others in an effective manner; develop lesson plans teaching Spanish for a specific purpose; relate to people in a warm caring manner; communicate with organizational representatives; prepare reports on progress and outcomes. Must have dependable transportation. Flexible scheduling required. Experience with skilled trades is preferred but not mandatory.
Areas of Responsibility
- Test participants for learning gains and keep progress records of participants.
- Work with stakeholders to develop lesson plans and teaching strategies.
- Teach both Spanish that is contextualized to the work that classroom learners perform each day.
- Select appropriate materials and develop lesson plans tailored to the learners’ needs.
- Work with CWE coordinator to implement written curriculum.
- Take attendance and track lessons through Google Docs.
- Write summaries and final reports.
- Provide feedback for future planning of Spanish programming.
- Support efforts to bring about a vibrant and just society in west Michigan through the power of literacy.
- Support office culture and values and exhibit cultural competency.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Diedre Deering (email@example.com).
The Literacy Center of West Michigan is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports National Career Readiness Certification.