Location: Greater Grand Rapids area
The Literacy Center of West Michigan is seeking a new Director for its Adult Tutoring Program. The position requires leadership to manage and support over 200 volunteer tutors and learners annually.
The ATP Director will lead a team in the recruitment, management, and support of adult learners (both native and non-native speakers) and volunteer literacy tutors. The position requires ongoing program design and evaluation, direct engagement in orientations, trainings and case management, as well as researching and revising curriculum. The ATP Director is responsible for supervising literacy coordinators but also for supporting and collaborating with other programs and the organization as a whole.
- MA or other graduate level degree in education, linguistics, or TESOL
- 4 years of experience teaching English, preferably to adults
- 2 years of experience working at community-based agencies and/or with diverse populations
- Knowledge of standardized assessments
- Program design and evaluation experience involving the collection and analysis of data
- Strong technical skills to design and support distance learning and digital communications
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience
- Proven team leadership
- Cultural sensitivity and social awareness
- Schedule flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Spanish or another second language strongly appreciated
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of adult literacy teaching methodologies and research based curriculum and standardized assessments
- Program design and evaluation including: instructional delivery, tutor/learner orientations, tutor trainings; data collection and analysis; design and implementation of qualitative assessments; articulation of a logic model and theory of change
- Partner with the executive director and other team members to establish and maintain relationships with community partners
- Lead orientations, trainings, and workshops
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Manage the program budget
- Supervise a team of literacy coordinators
- Support office culture and values that contribute toward a collaborative, inclusive workplace
- Tutor an adult learner in support of the Literacy Center's mission to bring about a just and vibrant West Michigan through the power of literacy
- Perform other duties as assigned
$45,000 to $50,000
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Diedre Deering (email@example.com). This position will remain open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Literacy Center of West Michigan is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports National Career Readiness Certification.